Eating Disorders & Trauma – The Missing Piece of the Jigsaw Introductory Workshop
Saturday 19th June 2021, 10am - 4pm
Eating disorders of all varieties, but especially anorexia nervosa, are poorly understood and are often considered hard to treat.
This workshop aims to explore the role of trauma in the development and maintenance of eating issues and offer some easy to implement strategies for the early stages of treatment.
If you’re one of those therapists that has turned eating disorder clients away because you don’t feel confident enough…. This workshop is for you!
Learn core clinical interventions you can use with your clients straightaway
1. Understand the development of eating issues from a trauma- informed perspective
2. Analyse the reasons clients are often stuck and find it hard to make change
3. Identify the key elements of an effective treatment plan
4. Assess key indicators of risk and develop an effective management plan
5. Describe at least 3 core clinical interventions that can help clients to start moving towards successful recovery
Workshop priced at just £90 for the whole day
Can’t Attend Live Online Event? No problem, you will have 30 days to watch the recording
You may also be interested in the other workshops I offer which include:
Body Image Disturbance: Ways of Working to Enhance Body Acceptance in People with Eating Disorders
The Nature of Eating Disorders: Understanding & Working with Ambivalence & Resistance
Ending the Internal Civil War: Parts Work with Eating Disorder Clients
Eating Disorder & Trauma: Masterclass – Understanding and Working with Dissociation
For a full list of available trainings, some of which are specific to EMDR clinicians, please click here.